The shoes you have on your feet play a huge role in making sure you can execute a lift with proper range of motion or to not tear up your shins while running.
It all starts from the ground up. The Firefighter Furnace Workout Program is a combination of different fitness methods meaning that we do not specialize in one particular method. We specialize in all methods meaning that a cross training shoe would be best.
Cross training shoes are best for our program because we incorporate running and lifting in the same workouts. You want a shoe solid enough to lift heavy in as well as one light enough to run in.
After carefully testing many types of shoes, here are our three choices:
1. Nike Mens Metcon 2 Synthetic Trainers
- Rubber sole
- A cross-training sneaker designed for intense workouts that include heavy lifting, flexibility work, sprints, and climbs
- Flywire mid-foot technology helps lock the foot into place
- Dual-density foam midsole provides cushioning and lasting support
Order Here on Amazon Mens Metcon 2 Synthetic Trainers
2. Reebok Men’s R Crossfit Nano 5 Training Shoe
- Rubber sole
- Crossfit-inspired trainer with anatomical design built for lifting and quick cuts
- Durable Kevlar-infused upper for support and protection
- Nano shell hard TPU midsole shell for medial/lateral support
- Contoured heel counter
Order Here On Amazon Reebok Men’s R Crossfit Nano 5-0 Training Shoe
3. Inov-8 Men’s F-Lite 235 Cross-Training Shoe
- Standard Fit
- Synthetic sole
- Low-profile cross trainer featuring ultra-lightweight upper with multi-directional Meta-Flex technology
- Rope-Tec midfoot durability reinforcements
- Zero Drop 0mm heel-to-toe differential
Order Here On Amazon Inov-8 Men’s F-Lite 235 Functional Fitness Shoe