Recipe of the Week: Scallop and Cherry Tomato Skewers
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 0.13 tsp. salt
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 large sea scallops
- Soak skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium.
- Meanwhile, from lemon, grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. In small bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, oil, Dijon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until blended; set aside.
- Thread 3 tomatoes and 2 scallops alternately on each skewer, beginning and ending with tomatoes.
- Brush scallops and tomatoes with half of Dijon mixture; place on hot grill grate. Cook 7 to 9 minutes, turning several times. Brush with remaining Dijon mixture, and cook 5 minutes longer or until scallops just turn opaque throughout.