Recipe of the Week:
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 artichoke heart, cooked and chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup Lemon-Balsamic Mayonnaise (see below), or to taste
- Cut everything up and put in a mixing bowl.
- Make the mayo (see below), add to the other ingredients, and toss to coat.
NUTRITION: 698 calories; 64 g fat; 24 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.
TO MAKE MAYO:
- Put 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and ½ garlic clove (chopped) in the bottom of a clean glass jar. Add ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Submerge your stick blender, turn it on, and blend till it’s incorporated.
- Now, keeping the stick blender on, slowly drizzle in ⅔ cup light-flavored olive oil until the mixture is thickened and the oil starts puddling on the surface. Makes ¾ cup.