Recipe of the week
Asian Pepper Shrimp
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ lb shrimp, raw, peeled, tails on
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put big, heavy skillet over low heat and melt coconut oil. Mince or crush garlic and throw it in. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, keeping heat low— you don’t want the garlic to brown.
- Now throw in shrimp and sauté until pink through, probably 4 to 5 minutes, depending on how big they are. Stir in coconut aminos, fish sauce, and pepper. Sauté another minute or so.
- Plate shrimp and turn up burner under skillet. Heat combined oil and liquid in pan, letting it cook down for a minute or two. Pour over shrimp.
- Top each serving with a tablespoon of chopped cilantro and serve.
NUTRITION: 280 calories; 13 g fat; 35 g protein; 4 g carbohydrate; trace dietary Fiber; 4 g net carbs per serving.